SALA Career Opportunities
Job openings will be posted here when available. If you do not see blog posts for positions, that means we do not currently have openings. We encourage you to check back later.
Employees are responsible for the provision and/or support of legal services to people eligible for services. We mainly serve low-income people who would otherwise not have access to civil legal services. SALA serves 9 counties in Arizona and 11 Native American Communities. To serve these communities, SALA has six offices in the following cities: Tucson, Bisbee, Casa Grande, Sacaton, Lakeside, and Whiteriver. Our administrative office is in Tucson.
An Internship at SALA is a supervised, practical learning experience in the workplace that offers students an opportunity to apply, connect, and extend academic theory and competencies to build professional skills and networks. In collaboration with the intern’s educational institution or based on SALA’s needs, internships are constructed to meet the following criteria:
- Be an extension of the classroom and apply knowledge gained in the classroom
- Be transferable to other employment
- Have a clear beginning and end, job description, and desired qualifications
- Have learning objectives/goals aligned with a student’s academic coursework
- Professional supervision provided
- Routine feedback
- Employ the use of resources, equipment, and facilities that support learning objectives/goals