Employer: Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc. (SALA) provides free, civil legal services to low-income Arizonans across nine counties and 11 Native American communities within a footprint of approximately 33,000 square miles.
Job Description: The selected candidate will work primarily in SALA’s Tucson Office and will provide legal advice, brief services and representation to eligible clients seeking expungement of Prop 207 related arrests or convictions.
- Applicants must be a member of the Arizona Bar or be willing to take the next bar exam, applicants licensed 2 years in another jurisdiction may practice by special rule.
- Applicants must exhibit a high degree of sensitivity to the problems of the low- income community and be able to work with low income and community groups. They should have initiative, good communication skills, and the ability to work well in a multi-cultural setting.
- Knowledgeable in the area of general civil//criminal practice on behalf of the low-income community.
- Bilingual English\Spanish helpful.
Job Location: Tucson, Arizona
Compensation/Benefits: Salary: DOE. SALA also provides up to 5% additional compensation to individuals fluent in Spanish. SALA has an excellent benefits.
EOE: We are committed to an environment of mutual respect, collaboration, and equal opportunity for all employees, and strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, people who have been affected by mass incarceration, and other under-represented and historically marginalized groups. We believe in building and sustaining an organization that is reflective of the communities we serve, and is diverse in work background, experience, education, race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, or sensory, mental and physical abilities. We believe that the resulting diversity is both a source of program strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness.
Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.
2343 E. Broadway Blvd., Suite 200
Tucson, Arizona 85719-6007
(520) 623-9465 / FAX (520) 594-6554
Email resume to: email@example.com
Date Expires: Open until filled