Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc. (SALA) provides free, civil legal services to low-income Arizonans across nine Counties and 11 Native American communities within a footprint of approximately 33,000 square miles.
Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc. (“SALA”) is accepting Applications for a full- time Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant. This position is located in SALA’s main office in Tucson. The person will be required to perform Receptionist as well as Legal Secretary duties. The person will be assisting the attorneys seeking expungement of PROP 207 related arrests and convictions.
This person will be required to perform such duties as greeting clients, handling phone calls, and maintaining case files and office schedules for attorneys; scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, composing and typing routine correspondence, reading and routing incoming mail. May also be responsible for ensuring proper placement and filing of original legal documents, correspondence, tabbing exhibits, maintaining court calendars and tickler system. Any other clerical duties that may be required.
- Applicants must have one year secretarial experience; experience in a legal setting a plus.
- Applicants must type 60 WPM, and have a good knowledge of English Grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, and letter writing.
- Applicants must exhibit a high degree of sensitivity and awareness of the problems and issues related to the low-income community.
- They should have initiative, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well in a multi-cultural setting.
- Applicants must be able to operate office equipment such as a computer, copiers, various software systems, etc.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (written/verbal translations).
Compensation: DOE. Up to 5% additional compensation available to individuals fluent in Spanish. SALA has an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, pension plan, and generous leave provisions
EOE: We are committed to an environment of mutual respect, collaboration, and equal opportunity for all employees, and strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, people who have been affected by mass incarceration, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups. We believe in building and sustaining an organization that is reflective of the communities we serve, and is diverse in work background, experience, education, race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, or sensory, mental and physical abilities. We believe that the resulting diversity is both a source of program strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness.
Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.
2343 E Broadway Blvd, Suite 200 – Tucson AZ 85719-6007
(520) 623-9465 / Fax: (520) 594-6554
Deadline: Open until filled; Submit cover letter, resume, and three references.