Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc. is hiring a staff attorney to work in its Tucson Office. The attorney to be hired will be required to undertake a general civil litigation caseload consisting primarily of landlord/tenant cases as well as consumer and public benefits. SALA provides services to the poverty community of nine counties in southeastern Arizona. The Native American component also serves eleven tribal communities.
1. Applicants must be a member of the Arizona Bar; applicants must have a minimum of 2 years experience; licensed in another jurisdiction may practice by special rule.
2. Applicants must exhibit a high degree of sensitivity to the problems of the low income community and should be able to work with low income and community groups.
3. Applicants should be knowledgeable in the area of general civil practice and specifically general civil practice on behalf of the poor community.
4. Bilingual English\Spanish helpful
DOE; Up to five percent additional compensation to individuals fluent in Spanish. Payment of bar exam and admission fees for those not yet admitted. Student loan repayment assistance. Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility. Excellent benefits package including health insurance, disability insurance, and pension plan. Excellent work/life balance with thirty-five hour workweeks and generous leave provisions.
We are committed to an environment of mutual respect, collaboration, and equal opportunity for all employees, and strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, people who have been affected by mass incarceration, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups. We believe in building and sustaining an organization that is reflective of the communities we serve, and is diverse in work background, experience, education, race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, or sensory, mental and physical abilities. We believe that the resulting diversity is both a source of program strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness.
Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.
2343 E. Broadway Blvd, Suite 200; Tucson AZ 85719-6007
(520) 623-9465 / Fax: (520) 594-6554
Submit: cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references
Deadline: Open Until Filled