Southern Arizona Legal Aid Inc., (SALA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is a list of Positions Open and Locations at SALA:
SALA is seeking a full-time Managing Attorney for its Casa Grande and Sacaton offices:
SALA serves 9 counties in Arizona and 11 Indian Reservations. The Casa Grande office is located in a rural environment which covers Pinal and Gila counties. The Managing Attorney will be required to supervise in SALA's Casa Grande and Sacaton offices consisting of two staff attorneys, one paralegal, two Tribal Court Advocates and two support staff. This individual will be providing civil legal services consisting of domestic relations, public benefits, landlord tenant matters, consumer and other civil cases. Travel will be required.
1. Applicants must have at least five years of legal experience and be a member of the Arizona Bar or pass the next exam; applicants licensed 2 years in another jurisdiction may practice by special rule. Experience in legal services helpful.
2. Applicants must exhibit a high degree of sensitivity to the problems of the low income community and should be able to work with low income and community groups. They should have initiative, good communication skills and the ability to work well in a multi- cultural setting.
3. Applicants should be knowledgeable in the area of general civil practice on behalf of the low-income community.
4. Bilingual helpful (Spanish/English)
Salary: DOE / Up to 5% additional compensation available to individuals fluent in Spanish. SALA provides financial assistance to attorneys responsible for law school loans. SALA has an excellent benefits package including, health insurance, pension plan and generous leave provisions.
Equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, disability, religion, national origin, sex, age or sexual preference.
Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.
2343 E Broadway Blvd, Suite 200 - Tucson Az 85719-6007
(520) 623-9465 / Fax: (520) 620-0443 / EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for resumes, writing sample, references : open until filled