Employer: Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc. (SALA)
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Description: Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.(SALA) is hiring a Chief Financial Officer to be responsible for overall management of the financial operations of SALA; supervise and direct the work of the accounting department staff; participate as a member of SALA=s management team; and perform certain other administrative and management duties as directed by the Executive Director. SALA provides services to the poverty community of nine counties in southeastern Arizona. The Native American component also serves eleven tribal communities. SALA provides legal services in civil litigation.
- Analyze, design, monitor, and assure the effective operation of SALA=s accounting system;
- Advise and assist the Executive Director with respect to the financial management of SALA;
- Development and preparation of SALA=s program budget;
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and quarterly projections of revenue and expenses;
- Monitoring of cash flow and investment of SALA funds;
- Monitoring of grant income and expenditures to insure compliance with the budget, contract and/or grant conditions;
- Ensure compliance with accounting rules and regulations
- Oversee and/or prepare external reports/billings relating to grants and contracts required by funding sources.
- Maintain SALA’s property inventory and insure proper accounting of acquisitions, disposals, depreciation, etc. and conduct physical inventories to insure compliance with applicable rules and regulations;
- Responsible for insuring the performance of SALA=s annual audit;
- Supervise the accounting staff and develop systems as needed to ensure that accounting procedures are accurately followed, and reports are completed in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Perform other administrative and management duties as directed by the Executive Director
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Five years of experience as CFO or equivalent position
- Experience which demonstrates knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and federal grant accounting; compliance and reporting; LSC experience is preferred but not required;
- Experience in financial management and analysis, computerized fund accounting, and experience in the supervision of staff;
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills commensurate with the position;
- CPA credential is preferred, but not required.
Job Location: Tucson, Arizona
Salary: DOE - Up to 5% additional compensation available to individuals fluent in other languages which are used by client community. SALA has an excellent benefits package including, health insurance, pension plan and generous leave provisions.
EOE: Equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, disability, religion, national origin, sex, age or sexual preference.
Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.
2343 E. Broadway Blvd., Suite 200
Tucson. Arizona 85719-6007
(520) 623-9465 / FAX (520) 620-0443
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, 3 References
Date Expires: January 31, 2017